Re: Time for copying records

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2001 13:05:53 -0500

streamline (small_bore_at_hotmail.com) wrote:
: If it takes 63150secs on a computer of power 248MHz to copy 1626826
: records. How long will it take on a computer of 400Mhz to copy the
: same number of records?

: Could someone show me some working so I can work out myself in the
: future.

It is a simple ratio problem. Solve for x

63150 x
248 400

Your problem in real life is a bit more complicated.

When you create the new record, you are also creating rollback and redo records. The placement of the database, rollback, redo file location on the disk(s) will skew the values. The disk throughput and head access of the disk will skew the values. The cpu hardware (l1 and/or l2 cache,.. ), the i/o buss speed, buss bit width, amount of SGA, page swap, memory,....

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u