beginner problem - starting scott /tiger example db

From: avishay <navish_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2001 10:58:22 -0800

i have installed personal oracle for win 2000 on my pc, i am trying to login to the sample db with scott tiger and get :

ORA-12560 TNS:protocol adapter error (or other error...)

i tryed to remove and reinstall oracle for a few times it didnt solve the problem.

what do i have to do to configure the database so it will work ? do i have to run something after the oracle setup ? and how i should login ?
(i only need the emp and the dept tables to run some quaerys on them) please give me a simple explanation because i only need it for sql course for now. the problem is that i have an exersice to finifh until this friday so i need it asap;

thanks. Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 12:58:22 CST