Re: strange sqlloader error

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2001 07:19:41 -0800

I would first check the .bad file to see which record it contains. Next I would set the errors allowed to a number greater than 0; you may do that in the control file or on the command line, it's your choice. To set this in the control file:

 options (errors = 500)
 load data
 infile '/path/to/contactvalues.csv'
 into table contactvalues
 fields terminated by ',' TRAILING NULLCOLS  (

    ProspectID                 ,
    DateCreated                ,
    ContactTypeID              ,
    CampaignID                 ,
    ContactDescr               ,
    DateValidFrom              ,
    DateValidTo                ,
    IDinSource

 )

On the command-line:

sqlldr user/pass /path/to/contactvalues.ctl errors=500

See if this helps you determine why your data isn't loading.