Oracle and OLEDb (ADO)

From: Drazen Zoric <drazen.zoric_at_vip.hr>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:51:33 +0100

Is there any way to increase update speed?

I am already using UpdateBatch but it is still very slow. I looked at network traffic and found out that Oracles OLEDB for every update creates UPDATE statement and passes (via parameters) a lot of fields used in WHERE clause (table with, lets say, INT and VARCHAR on change in INT field will create UPDATE .... WHERE ROWID=:1 AND INT=:2 AND VARCHAR=:3 !?). Received on Tue Nov 13 2001 - 04:51:33 CST