Anyway to checksum a binary field in PLSQL

From: whome <whome_at_gnosis.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 01:09:33 GMT

I have a table with a LONG RAW field. Is there anyway to create a checksum of the field within PL/SQL? I know how to do it in ProC, OCI or Java but was curious about doing the same only using PL/SQL. I found a couple of checksum routines for a varchar field. But the question I have is how to read byte by byte. Plus I have concerns about the PLSQL code handling a really large field in this manner.

Thanks for hints. Received on Mon Nov 12 2001 - 19:09:33 CST