Re: Printing SQLPlus Code

From: Henry Hayden <gumzilla_at_voicenet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:33:25 GMT

Jayne Heger wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am a newbie, so please excuse me!
>
> I am using Oracle for one of my assignments at university. Anyway, I have
> created my tables, but I didn't specify the 'spool' command before I
> created them, and I really need to be able to print out the SQLCode for
> creating them.
> I can't find anything on the web which says you can print out the code
> after, unless I'm missing something.
>
> Sorry if this is a really easy question thats been asoked 1 million times.;)
>
> Thanks
>
> Jayne

You can, in fact, do this, but you'd have to do it right away. I am assuming that you're using SQL*Plus. If so, you can simply highlight as much of the command history in the SQL*Plus window and paste it to the text editor of your choice. Then, in whatever editor you're using, edit out all of the superfluous stuff, such as "Command successfully completed," etc.

The only other possibility is to do this after each command has been executed. From the SQL*Plus menu, invoke the editor and either print what's in the buffer at that moment, or copy the contents to another text document and keep adding to it until you have everything you need for your professor.

If you're using Oracle's Procedure Builder, you could follow the same tactic of cutting and pasting. Other than that, you may be out of luck.

Henry Received on Mon Nov 12 2001 - 14:33:25 CST