Re: Discussion - Web vs Client Server

From: Brian Dick <bdick_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:28:47 GMT

You can solve most problems with either architecture. I think the main thing with either architecture is to properly partition you application into GUI and Business Logic components. Matter of fact, with a properly partitioned application you can support both client/server and web clients and reuse a majority of your code.

Aside from the above, I can make only two distinctions between the two architectures.

  1. Client/server gives you richer GUI design.
  2. The thin web client (aka browser) is easier to deploy.

"jbringolf" <jbringolf_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message news:J8HH7.34709$hZ.3210797_at_newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net...
> Thanks for the non-reply, guess I'm only looking for abstract thinkers...
>

> "Ed Prochak" <edprochak_at_magicinterface.com> wrote in message
> >
> > It's very hard to answer such questions in the abstract.
> > It's like asking which would be better for my next trip,
> > a plane or a train?
> >
> > jbringolf wrote:
> > >
> > > Only 2 opinions wout there?
> > >
> > > "jbringolf" <jbringolf_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message
> given

> same
W2K/2000.