Re: imp commit=Y very slow

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:56:03 +0100

"Jaret Lafoudravecmonhai" <toto_at_toto.com> wrote in message news:9som6g$oh2$1_at_reader1.imaginet.fr...

> Due to some RBS too small, I use option commit=y to do an import, but it's
> very slow (4-5 time than commit=N) 10 hours with 5Go. Can I speed up
import
> with commit=Y ?
>
> PS : Oracle 8.0.6 on aix 4.0.6
>

> Ludovic.

It is unclear from your post whether you are using the buffer= parameter at all, but it sounds like you don't.
commit=y will commit as soon as <buffer> bytes have been written, the default is 32k. The buffer parameter can be anything, I usually start off at 8M.
Also you should import the indexes afterwards. This procedure has been described quite a lot of times, it is available at http://www.oracledba.co.uk

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker