Setup archived log unsuccessful.

From: hkchan <hkchan_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:37:03 +0800

Greetings,

I am running Oracle 8i 8.1.6 Standard Edition on Solaris 8 with raid-1 configured system.

I tried to configure the server to archived log enabled, so in initlivedb.ora

log_archive_start = true
log_archive_dest = "location=/ora8/m01/app/oracle/admin/livedb/arch"
log_archive_format = arch_%t_%s.arc

But, I just could not start the service,

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected
SVRMGR> startup mount
ORA-16032: parameter LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST destination string cannot be translated
ORA-07286: sksagdi: cannot obtain device information. SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Please help and advice

Many thanks in advance.

Gerald Received on Sat Nov 10 2001 - 05:37:03 CST