Re: Printing SQLPlus Code

From: Radu Lascae <r.nospam.lascae_at_wanadoo.nl>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:27:00 GMT

You can't do this, as the same table may be created using different scripts, e.q. by specifying primary keys in the CREATE TABLE statement or after the statement, with an ALTER TABLE. No way to guess exactly how, afterwards.

You can create a script that would recreate the same object though, using the data dictionary tables (for example user_tab_columns). A freeware tool that will do this for you is TOAD, download from www.toadsoft.com.

Hth,
Radu