Creating a form using Oracle Portal

From: Munzil Qureshi <munzil_at_computan.on.ca>
Date: 8 Nov 2001 15:30:12 -0800

Hello, I am trying to create a form using Oracle Portal. Creating a basic web form using Oracle Portal is not the problem(I know how to create forms and reports etc...using Portal) However, I have a report that uses an "id" as a link(URL link) and that id needs to be passed in as a parameter to the form. The form I want to create uses 3 tahles(not sure how to base a form on three tables and display the form as a single record) so I'm thinking that in order to create the form, I should use a view, however I think that you cannot update a record with a view if the view using more than 1 table(Complex view). The only other option I believe is to base the form on a "stored procedure"(if there is another feasible way, please let me know! :)).

If I create a stored procedure, I have 1 parameter that needs to be passed to the procedure(the id from the report used as a link) and have the procedure display the values from the 3 tables. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished, or does anyone know of an easier way to create a form based on 3 tables, while passing a parameter to the form using Oracle Portal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Munzil Received on Thu Nov 08 2001 - 17:30:12 CST