64-bits integers in OCI

From: Jacques Vidal <jacquesvidal_at_hotmail.com.removethis>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:50:31 -0000

Is it possible at all to take advantage of 64-bits integers (eg, long long in C with LLP64 support) in OCI calls on 32-bits platforms? Linking vs Oracle 8.1.7 libraries, if I pass 8 (sizeof long long) as the length argument in a OCIDefineByPos() call - and SQLT_INT as the datatype -, I get ORA-01455 errors when executing the query. I assume I'd get similar problems with OCIBindxxx() calls. That's a somewhat expected result as the doc for 8i don't say anything about ints larger than 32-bit. In 9i the doc adds 64-bits ints can be used only on 64-bits platforms, which I find unnecessarily restrictive.

Is there a way to go around this problem in 8i or 9i without having to fetch in/bind with temporary storage and use conversion routines?

TIA, Jacques Vidal Received on Thu Nov 08 2001 - 10:50:31 CST