Deleting obsolete backups from RMAN

From: Michael Moore <hicamel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2001 16:14:54 -0800

In RMAN I can say "report obsolete;". Now what if I want to delete everything that was just reported? What command can I use to delete obsolete Backup Sets and Backup Pieces. I want to get them out of the catalog, and off of the disk.

Is there a document some where that lays out a strategy for using RMAN. I have the oracle8i Backup and Recovery Guide, but it is not too helpful on strategy.
thanks,
Mike Received on Wed Nov 07 2001 - 18:14:54 CST