SQL Standard

From: Chariya Peterson <Chariya.Peterson_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 14:31:57 -0500

I am looking for information on SQL standard. Would appreciate it if anyone could post url's and or faqs for me? I am gathering information on how much of the standard (what ever exists, which ever version) is supported by each RDBMS (at least by Oracle, Informix, DB2, Sybase, My-SQL), and information on each RDBMS extension beyond the standard. I'd like to know how realistic it is to develop software whose database queries are RDBMS independent.