Re: Dump DB to MS-Access

From: Anne Nolan <anolan_at_enabletech.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 08:26:11 -0800

One way would be to set up an ODBC Data Source Name so that Access can connect to Oracle. Then in Access, use File..Get External Data.. Import and import the tables from Oracle that you want. You'll then have an Access version of the tables and the data.

Some ODBC drivers have been known to confuse Unique Indexes with Primary Keys, so you'll want to check each table in Access after the import to make sure the PKs are right. Also, you won't be able to import the table relationships (foreign keys) using this method.

Hope this helps.

Anne Nolan