Re: Oracle and Microsoft XP

From: Ian Ledzion <ian.ledzion_at_lgxbow.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:18:16 +0100

The XP / Windows 2000 thing is correct in that the API calls remain unchanged from one version to the next. Problem is that since nothing works 100% as advertised, there is the danger that there might be a kludge in the client to make it work in W2K might not work in XP. Hence the certification process.

Without wishing to to appear simple, how about putting this to your customer and suggesting they go through a test cycle before the upgrade? With the danger of unexpected instability in their environment they might think twice, and at least you're covered.