Writing to a file on the client

From: Brian Potter <potterrb_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 04:19:22 GMT

Hi,

I would like to use DBMS_OUTPUT or UTL_FILE or some other package to write to a file on an Oracle client machine. I have a procedure right now in the database (on a Sun server) that writes to a file in a directory on the Sun server. I would like to be able to write to a file on a Windows client machine when the procedure is invoked from a client app written in Oracle Forms 6.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Brian Received on Tue Nov 06 2001 - 22:19:22 CST