Q) How to use TOAD to import only data into a table?

From: Mother of God <mother_at_god.ie>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 21:26:09 -0000

Hi

I am something of a newbie but am trying to do something very simple. I am looking to find a very easy way to import / paste(?) data into an Oracle database. The data is generally stored in either excel spreadsheets or text files.

Eg.

Say I have a table named 'CUSTOMER' with two columns 'FIRSTNAME' and 'LASTNAME'. Then lets say I have a text file with the following

smith,john
jones,mick

etc. etc.

Is there an easy way to simply import this information into the database table using toad? As it stands I am using excel formulae to generate insert statements and pasting them into a SQL window in TOAD to execute.

I know this is a simple question but trust me this would help me a great deal.

Thanks Received on Tue Nov 06 2001 - 15:26:09 CST