Re: Strange problem with sqlplus on Win2K and Oracle 9i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 19:09:05 +0100

Hi Jacob

The log shows you are connecting using the BEQ protocol. That protocol works only for local connections, so when your client runs on the server itself. Hence, the 12560 is not really surprising. Don't you have a TCP/IP connection set up? For tracing add/change the following lines in the client sqlnet.ora

trace_level_client=16
trace_unique_client=true
trace_directory_client = <any appropiate directory>

This will produce cli*.trc files with _much more_ detail, but at this time I think using the BEQ protocol is causing your problem.

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

"jacob nikom" <jacob_nikom_at_ieee.org> wrote in message

> Hi Sybrand,
>
> Thank you for your response. As I mentioned the log file sqlnet.log
> was created by Oracle, when sqlplus crushed. Here it is:

> Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oracleORCL)(ARGS= '(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL )(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\Jacob\Work\Java\Databases\Oracle\9i\bin\sqlplusw.exe)(HOST =JNIKOM_WS)(USER=JNikom))))