Re: Desparate Oracle Help...

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_alltel.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2001 09:36:51 -0800

davide_at_yahoo.com wrote in message news:<9s8ipa$11lgm2$3_at_ID-18487.news.dfncis.de>...
> Christopher Burke <craznar_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I cannot use VIEWs or SYNONYMS ... they have to be tables when looked at
> > from the 'bob' account ... just as they are when 'joe' accesses them.
>
> Well, if you can't use a synonym, the only solution I see, is to create
> a mirror image of all the tables of Joe into the Bob schema, then set-up
> a series of triggers that replicate all the modifications performed to
> Joe's tables into Bob's tables.
>
> But is this worthy ?
>
> Davide

can it be a ROLE problem with the procedures in the application? Question for Chris Burke:was 'bob' granted privilege to 'joe'S tables via a ROLE?

If so, try doing the grant on the tables directly to 'bob' and retry the application.

Ed Prochak
contracting to but not speaking for ALLTEL Received on Tue Nov 06 2001 - 11:36:51 CST