Desparate Oracle Help...

From: Christopher Burke <craznar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2001 07:06:02 GMT

OK, I have spent 8 hours on this one ... anyone help?

I have a user 'joe' which has a whole stack of tables, I have a user 'bob' which can access those tables.

I need to make it so that 'bob' can access the tables using the same syntax as 'joe'.

That is 'joe' can go 'select * from blah', I need 'bob' to be able to do that as well instead of 'select * from joe.blah'.

I cannot use VIEWs or SYNONYMS ... they have to be tables when looked at from the 'bob' account ... just as they are when 'joe' accesses them.

With VIEWs and SYNONYMs - they are not tables for 'bob', but they are for 'joe'.

Any ideas ?

--
---
/* Christopher Burke - Spam Mail to craznar_at_hotmail.com
|*
\* Real mail to cburke(at)craznar(dot)com