Re: Help required for a Query

From: Rohit <allforgals_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2001 13:16:58 -0800

I don't know how much of a help is this to you... I had something similar to this where I inserted rows from one database to a table on 2nd database.
First of all you must have a dblink between the dbase you are running the query and target dbase. You create the link on the dbase where you will be runnning the query. The syntax to do this is... CREATE DATABASE LINK link_name CONNECT TO user_id IDENTIFIED BY password USING 'sid_name';
sid_name - This is the SID of the target dbase. To do this the ID that you are logged on as must have resource rights on the dbase. Also the userid that you are using to connect must have select and other priviliges on target dbase schema and tables. Then run your query from first database as select * from schema_name.table_name @link_name Received on Mon Nov 05 2001 - 15:16:58 CST