Login problem. Please help.

From: Hello_World <nix1_at_cuse15.se.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: 2 Nov 2001 06:07:46 GMT

I have installed Oracle8i (8.1.7.0.0) in Windows 2000. The login time of sqlplus and OCI driver is long. After I have typed usename and password in sqlplus, it takes few seconds to login. Also, in a program through JDBC OCI driver, login also takes about 5 seconds.

How can I reduce the login time?

Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Nov 02 2001 - 00:07:46 CST