oracle pro*c using /usr/include/inttypes.h and int64_t

From: karolina <rallykarro_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2001 12:55:07 -0800

Hi,

I have a really strange problem when using pro*c on oracle 8.1.7.2. When declaring a variable in my .pc file which have the datatype int64_t or uint64_t refering to inttypes.h the precompiler fails. See little example below using demo_proc.mk and sample1.pc as demonstration.

#include <inttypes.h>
.
.

void main()
{

    char temp_char[32];
    int32_t p1;
    long long p2;
    int64_t p3; /* This fails */
.
.

The precompiler accept both int32_t defined in inttypes.h as well as "long long" but not int64_t.

An observation is that these variables are not used as host variables in oracle and I have no idea why pro*c should even care about these?

I have tried this on both a sun SPARC solaris 64-bit and linux running debian and getting the same results which is an error.

I am using the .pc file as an interface against the database. There is quite alot of code and functions written in ansi-c using this interface and I had no problem using int64_t and uint64_t in the regular .c files during make it's just my .pc file that fails in precomp.

I have no idea if this might work on 9i and since my lack of bandwidth I'm not able to download one either. If some nice person that have an oracle 9i database installed please just take a few minutes to do the test to se if it works. That would help alot.

If you have any idea why this is happening and how I can solve it, please let me know. Received on Thu Nov 01 2001 - 14:55:07 CST