How to "audit" without auditing ?

From: <davide_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2001 10:02:21 GMT

Ok, I admit that the subject is quite confusing, so I will try to be a little clear (at the expenses of to be logorroic): we are developing a web application using Dynamo as Application Server, Dynamo uses a sort-of internal connection system to talk to an Oracle database. Unfortunately, doing this, the developer does not have any clue about the "real" SQL instruction sent to the database, just the error (in case) returned.

I was asking to find a way to "inspect" the SQL instruction when they are received by Oracle.

Now, I know that the V$SQLTEXT view contains some information about the last (or almost last) SQL sent, and that view can be connected with information from V$SESSION to have some more data related to who performed the instruction... but...

When I do the following:

select

        to_char(logon_time,'DD-MM-YYYY HH:mm') as data,
        status,
        sql_text
from
        v$session sess,
        v$sqltext_with_newlines testo
where
        sess.SQL_ADDRESS=testo.ADDRESS and
        sess.SQL_HASH_VALUE=testo.HASH_VALUE
order by sid desc, piece

I receive the data expected (more or less), but if I try to do the following:

create view sqlsent as
select

        .... exactly the same as before

I receive an error:

        v$sqltext_with_newlines testo
        *

ERROR at line 10:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

?? Why this ?
There is another way to do the same or any other good idea ?

Davide Received on Thu Nov 01 2001 - 04:02:21 CST