Re: help w/ Laptop install of Oracle 9i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 07:48:21 +0100

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 00:37:22 -0500, "Ryan Marshburn" <rmarshburn_at_lucent.com> wrote:

>Can someone please help me w/ my problem. I'm installing 9i on my laptop and
>everything installs with no problems. I can connect to the database using
>all of my tools until I disconnect my network connection. What do I have to
>do to be able to connect to the DB while not on the network? I tried adding
>the bequeath entry to the tnsnames.ora file but still no luck.
>
>Thanks
>
>Ryan

You probably have tcp/ip entries in listener.ora and tnsnames.ora make sure the host= ... reads either
host=<your computer name as in the network applet in control panel> or
host=localhost where localhost is defined in the hosts file as 127.0.0.1. Using 127.0.0.1 should also work but is bit mory ugly and undesirable.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Nov 01 2001 - 00:48:21 CST