Newbie's question: create user but can't access db object

From: Lito Kusnadi <lkus9013_at_mail.usyd.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:11:50 +1100

Hi, somebody please help me.

I installed oracle 8i 815 on Win2k.
I create a user that has admin privileges: practice09. Then I create tables using practice09.

I create user: dummyone, through practice09, and grant dummyone select, insert, update, and delete to the tables I created using practice09.

When I logged as dummyone, and type: desc item_tbl; it says "Error: database object doesn't exist".

I tried to check if the tablespace I used for practice09 is offline. Not, it's online.
I'm run out of ideas. Why my account can't be used?

And also, why when I write a script in .sql file and add savepoint to the very beginning of each file, I can not use rollback to [savepoint_name] during my session on sql-plus? I do this in order to be able to undo the script I executed.

Thanks for your help. Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 21:11:50 CST