Oracle 8 ODBC driver v 8.1.7.4 anomaly - "missing" column

From: Dick DeFuria <rich_at_belarc.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 11:12:35 -0800

Hello,

I connect to Oracle 8i via ODBC using ADODB.RecordSet from JavaScript ASP pages from IIS5.

When I use the 8.1.7.0 to 8.1.7.3 versions of the Oracle ODBC Driver, my results are fine.

When I use the 8.1.7.4 Oracle ODBC Driver, however, my resultset contains one fewer columns than the other versions; one column is completely missing.

I am at a loss to explain this behaviour.

When I run my sql query via sql*plus or via Oracle ODBC Test utility, I get the correct results (i.e., all the columns show up in the results).

Any ideas?

TIA, -Dick Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 13:12:35 CST