Re: Pentium 4 installation workaround for 8.1.7

From: The Nomad <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:36:15 GMT

> Can anyobdy give me (or point me to a place where I could find) the
> workaround for installing Oracle 8i on a Pentium 4 Windows 2000
professional
> machine?

Here's what I did...

  1. Unzip the Oracle Installation files to my hard drive
  2. Find the JRE directory - should be something like 1.1.7 or whatever
  3. I downloaded the latest JRE (1.3.1) and copied all the files from that installation into the JRE directory used by the installer.

This worked without a hitch.

Hope this helps Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 09:36:15 CST