Re: ORACLE is a piece of crap

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 12:18:27 GMT

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:18:17 GMT, In Memory of tecNovia <pw_at_ww.com> wrote:

>Hey Oracle freaks
>
>I have been trying to repackage an 8.1.6
>client using Wise installmaster for
>a silent deployment to 3000 NT clients on my LAN.
>
>I can't do it, Wise is not able to capture the install. the ORACLE
>ODBC driver does not install properly. I tried to capture just the
>ODBC driver install, same problem, Comes up as NOT MARKED under
>ODBC manager.

WISE probably did not catch some of the registry entries, which is what NT uses for ODBC (it puts down a fake ODBC.INI and redirects all the WritePrivateProfileString() (or whatever it is) entries.

WISE ignores some registry entries, because they change on every boot, and capturing those to install on another system would be bad.

I suggest you check out the WISE newgroups <news://news.wisesolutions.com>, and ask them about this. It's more likely an WISE/ODBC issue than an Oracle one.

>I don't want to use your crap Java installer
>because it does not work.
>
>Anybody can tell me why it is so hard to get
>anything with Oracle on it to work properly?
>

>Any advice? Please tell me you need to know more
>than how to type SELECT * from db_users to put that
>Oracle DBA in your sig. What a fucking buch of morons,
>learn some real technology.

I will tell you outright. I find your tone here to be pedantic and offensive. Please refrain from posting like this in the future. People want to help other people, but a bad attitude bothers many.

Brian Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 06:18:27 CST