Re: Pentium 4 installation workaround for 8.1.7

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:10:58 +0100

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:43:57 GMT, "bullseye" <bullseye35_at_deletethefunnies@excite.com> wrote:

>"jane" <janeyiu_at_optonline.net> wrote in message
>> workaround ???
>> Are you having some problem installing the "straight" way ?
>>

><snip>
>
>Yes. There is a well known issue with the JIT compiler on the Pentium 4
>processor. ("Well known" is relative; Oracle knows about it but they do
>not publicize it.) I recall it had something to do with copying some of the
>files off the install cd on to your hardrive, editing them, then directing
>the installation to pick up the edited file from your hard drive to
>install........

Your remark about Oracle is not true. Go to Metalink and you'll find it.
If you don't have access to Metalink(which means you don't have support) search comp.databases.oracle.server and you'll find i floating all around the newsgroup.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 00:10:58 CST