Database Configuration Management

From: <corwin95_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2001 14:15:15 -0800

Hello,

I'm interested in hearing the approach other companies take in managing database source code along with application versions. I am currently working in a multi-schema environment ( 20+ ) where we often have a few copies of each schema (with some prefix added to it) in our development environments. We currently keep everything in ClearCase, and have tried labelling, but often, the source code becomes out of date. I have to admit, we don't have a very good process at the moment and realize that, once we define one, it will probably help. I'm wondering if there are some web sites that outline the "best practices" and common tools used in the industry and then I can try and put a decent proposal together.

Thanks!
~S Received on Tue Oct 30 2001 - 16:15:15 CST