Huge problem with COM+ performace?

From: Adam Boczek <adam.boczek_at_NO_SPAM_gft-solutions.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:38:34 +0100

I have huge problem :-|. I've written software which uses COM+ as midletier and Oracle8i as datatier. All business components are VB dlls. All clients are VB exes. Everything seems to be ok (transactions etc.). But when I start long-lastig process (for example accounting for 300.000 clients) all other processes are locked (or very, very slow). I can NOT connect from client to my business components in COM+ (I receive no errors, only information that process is pending) . Hardware is ok (2-Procesor server Compaq with 1,2 GB RAM etc.), database parameters also (I can connect to database without COM+ and run without problems any query), network 100MB/s and hi-end switches. I've tried different component configurations (all dll in one package or in groups) but without success.

Any ideas?

Win2k Srv SP2, Oracle8i (8.1.7.2), VB6 SP5, ADO 2.6 SP1, all clients Win2k Pro SP2.

Greets,
Adam

Adam Boczek
IT Consultant