Getting OCI libs for linux

From: Tigra <tigra_564_at_mail.ru>
Date: 30 Oct 2001 02:30:32 -0800

Hi.

Sorry for asking a question possibly already described in faqs (though I couldn't find the answer ;( ).
The matter is that I've downloaded
"Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 3 (8.1.7.0.1) for Linux (Intel), with OPS".
It's a 536 Mb tarball. I've found neither *.c, *.h, *.so, *.a nor *.{tgz,zip,gz} OCI files related in the distributive. I know that in 1997 there were no free OCI libraries/headers for Linux, but later posts to different newsgroups make me think that the situation has changed. Please guide me where can I get all the stuff to run my first DIY OCI based hello-world.

Thanks,
Sergey Received on Tue Oct 30 2001 - 04:30:32 CST