Re: Anyone installed Personal Oracle 8.xx on Windows XP ?

From: JohnM <JohnM_at_NOSPAMgmx.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:00:50 GMT

Jeff wrote:
> I'm just about to buy a new PC, I've heard XP is based on the W2000 core but
> has anyone tried and what were the results ?

8.1.7 seems to be okay but I have problems with 8.0.6.

Our standard laptop install is 8.0.6 on win2k, we refuse to install an 8i version because of the memory footprint.

Anyway, 8.0.6 installs but one of the services refuses to run "OracleStartORCL". This doesn't present of problem for local machine access using the bequeath/local protocol but it does stop us accessing across a network to provide updates or extract data. Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 09:00:50 CST