Re: Question on Tree Walks

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:15:09 GMT

In a valiant and sublime effort,newbie
frowned, dipped a thumb in soot and doodled:

>Can anyone please explain to me what a tree walk is?
>
>I haven't found anything useful in the limited documentation i have.

If it is what I think, then it's the use of CONNECT BY to traverse a hierarchical table (recursive relationship). If you need more info, I suggest you stop the x-post and re-post to comp.databases.oracle.server and someone for sure will pick it up.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 05:15:09 CST