One or more Databases

From: harry <harry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:49:56 -0000

Hi,

I am new to the world of Oracle though have experience of developing for MSSQL. I am wondering what the preferred method of segregating data for different systems, apps etc is.

Under MSSQL I would normally have different databases for different applications or testing etc. Oracle, from what I can gather normally has one instance running due to the overhead? Therefore I presume you would segregate data using different schemas?

Is it typical to create more than one database but only run one at a time? Any tips or pointers would be gladly appreciated.

Regards,
Harry Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 03:49:56 CST