Re: Ora1031 using Javaload

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 00:02:41 +0100

"sjaak" <haandm_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1004303434.461734_at_newsreader1.wirehub.nl...
> Hi,
> I made an Java-program which connects to MSAccess and copies the tables to
> Oracle. It works fine on my machine but when I load the class-file to
Oracle
> using 'loadjava' and try to run it I get a nullpointerexception...I think
> it's because the JdbcOdbcDriver.class is not in the database so the
> connection to MSAccess does not get established.
>
> I think I have to load the rt.jar (containing the driver) to the database
> but when I try that, I get this error-message for every claas-file in the
> jar:
> "Error while creating class java/awt/image/WritableRaster
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges"
>
> I use loadjava like this "loadjava -u user/pwd -oracleresolver rt.jar"
> (tried it as scott, sys, system and even internal but always the same
error)

> Can you please help me:
> - Is my thinking on the OdbcJdbcDriver.class correct?
> - How can I prevent the error?
>
> Thanks!!!

It very much looks like the Java option hasn't been installed correctly and/or the user running loadjava doesn't have the correct privileges. Please check the installation manual before you start hacking yourself to a solution.

Hth
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sun Oct 28 2001 - 17:02:41 CST