remote table? how do you get info?

From: SN <throne7_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 27 Oct 2001 15:54:31 -0700

I am trying to select a table from perlscripts and it keep crapping out. So I use SQLPLUS to select on the table and this is what I got. Someone in my group told me that this table is probably a remote table that is somehow logically linked into our database. I am not an oracle guru, so need some help. This is what I am seeing.

--exerpt--

SQL> select * from somename_view;
select * from somename_view

              *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12519: TNS:no appropriate service handler found

SQL> desc somename_view;

Name                    Null?    Type
PHUB                    NOT NULL VARCHAR2(8)
IP_ADDRESS              NOT NULL VARCHAR2(15)
SHUB                    NOT NULL VARCHAR2(10)

--exerpt end--

What can I do to restore this table so that I can select data from it?  It was working before, the guy who worked with it i never met and he is long gone.
Anyway, I can select to find out more info about this table? like which remote database is it refering to etc. Basically want to get back this table and its data. Thanks. Received on Sat Oct 27 2001 - 17:54:31 CDT