Re: Oracle8/8i Database Administrator training

From: Ban Spam <ban-spam_at_operamail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 01:11:05 GMT

"shocks my brain" <dmt52_at_msn.com> wrote in news:u7SPOjnXBHA.1540_at_cpimsnntpa03:

> I am a newbie thinking about training in Oracle database
> administration. I have no exposure to database design. Has anyone
> attended a school called Tech Skills? Did it provide the knowledge and
> experience required to pass the exams and succeed in the real world?

FWIW - I would NEVER hire a "paper" DBA; one with a certificate but no real world experience. There is a VAST difference between remembering facts & passing tests and knowing how to recover from a disk crash. It is even more important to know how to implement the computing environment so that disasters are minimized or avoided.

HTH & YMMV!
HAND Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 20:11:05 CDT