Could not start OEM service

From: Martin Buchan <turfwar_at_surfanytime.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:49:33 -0700

Hi,

I have installed Oracle 8i Personal Edition 8.1.6.00 on a Win2000 machine at home.
I can connect to the database that i have created (oracleDB) When i try and run Enterprise Manager and connect to the database, i get

the error
"ORA- 12541: TNS: no listener"

Im guessing this is because i do not have the 'OracleOraHome81ManagementServer' service running (???)

When i try and start it from the Services MMC, i recieve the error

"Could not start the OracleOraHome81ManagementServer servic on Local
Computer
Error 997: Overlapped I/O operation in progress"

Can anyone help me out with this?

All other Oracle related services run fine.

I have admin privelages for the PC.
Have PATH for oracle set up correctly i think.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Martin Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 20:49:33 CDT