Favourite editor and snippet organiser

From: Will Lee <willee1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2001 16:44:47 -0700

Hi all. I'm currently trying out various PL/SQL developers off-line gadgets (for Windows) and would like to canvass some opinions from here as to what people are using day-to-day. For a while I was using the freeware PFE (a basic text editor), but now I've discovered UltraEdit and the bag of goodies it comes with that makes me feel like I've been living in the dark ages with my Notepad-a-like. No disrespect to PFE. It's a decent freeware editor, but I'm quite willing to spend a little for the extra functionality.

I've also been looking at utilities to store code snippets, you know the same old selects that get used regularly, and was wondering if anyone had tried the likes of Advanced SQL Code Collection or had any experience with other similar kinds of apps? ASCC seems ok, but a little rough around the edges. All in all a little too expensive for what it is IMO.

Your opinions?

Cheers. Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 18:44:47 CDT