LCIS Oracle Security Handbook

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_nospam.home.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:55:30 GMT

I noticed the Oracle Security Handbook is the featured selection for lcis this month. Looking at the example graphic of directory structure, I notice 2 SID1's listed under one directory. <sigh> Not to mention rbs, system and temp under the dir.

The other example graphic shows an example of "a database system with a moderate level of security." It considers Windows 95 as moderate security.

Next book is Velpuri's backup book. I downloaded the 8 executables from Osborne, noticed they are exactly the same as the 7. Which didn't agree with what was published in the 7 book, either.

I must be getting grumpy in my old age. Except I think such obvious errors published to the world is actually pretty funny. Like the old TFTS stuff propagating to metalink, except without the old attributions and with new errors due to 8i incompatibilities.

Am I the only person in the world who notices these things?

jg

--
These opinions are my own.
http://www.garry.to                                       Oracle and unix guy.