Re: [IMP73] NT & UNIX

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:35:50 GMT

No. I have transported data to and from UNIX systems (HP UX, AIX, Solaris) and NT via export and import and you don't do anything to the dmp file. You never edit the dmp file. As long as I transfered the file to and from unix via ftp in Binary mode I never had a problem doing an import (using standard import and export, no special parameters) into NT or another UNIX system, between UNIX systems, Between Unix and NT etc. It is supposed to be portable and it is.
Jim