networked odbc

From: Rachel Henderson <rhen_at_itss.nerc.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:06:01 +0100

We install the client onto a networked file server, which has always worked OK, although it's not supported by Oracle. Version 8.1.7 seems to be running much slower than a local installation, any ideas why.

Also, I'm adding registry keys for odbctst.exe & odbcad32.exe in HKEY\Localmachine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\app paths. I can configure a datasource, but when I go to use it through MS Access 2000, it's giving an error because the odbc file reference isn't in the path. So I've changed the app paths value for Access to the odbc path, & now this works. I wondered if this would affect Access in any way (it seems Ok so far)
Rachel Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 09:06:01 CDT