Help needed for select query

From: <library.treasures_at_NOSPAMsaqnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:53:38 GMT

I have an event table with a source column and a time colum.

I need to count and sort in descending order the number of events per source.

I can count one day's totals and the last week's totals by two separate scripts:

SELECT source, COUNT(*) "Yesterday"
FROM event
WHERE time > TRUNC(SYSDATE-1)
GROUP BY source
ORDER BY COUNT(*) DESC, source;

SELECT source, COUNT(*) "Last week"
FROM event
WHERE time > TRUNC(SYSDATE-7)
GROUP BY source
ORDER BY COUNT(*) DESC, source;

However, I would like to unify these two separate queries in a single query because I want the two column, "Yesterday" and "Last week", to appear side by side.

How is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Thomas Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 07:53:38 CDT