Re: Getting old data out...

From: Thomas Jegen <thomas.jegen_at_webspot.ch>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:57:29 +0200

Hi

Basically you can rely on the documentation of the actual Oracle Versions (e. g. 8i) on http://doc.oracle.com. As long as you don't use too fancy features (e. g. procedures, triggers etc.) which haven't exist in Oracle 6 most of the things should work similar.

Basically you will need to work with SQL*Plus wich allows you to select the data and spool it into a file, you will find information about SQL*Plus in the respective manual. Provided you are logged in as a DBA (SYS or SYSTEM) you can query the DBA_TABLES dicationary view in order to determince which tables exists. If you are a different user you can use USER_TABLES to show the tables which belong to this user.

I hope this helps.

Thomas

--

more than internet

worldwide consulting for Oracle, Linux, Internet ...

w.e.b.s.p.o.t
http://www.webspot.ch

mailto:info_at_webspot.ch