Re: Problem: Connect to Oracle8i via ADO

From: h <jj_at_jj.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 03:26:42 GMT

Without changing any of my code, the problem "disappears" after upgrading from SqlNet8.0 to SqlNet8.1.7.0 on the application server.

I agree - authentication not the issue. Before the sqlnet upgrade, it was unusual that a simple Win32 console application could connect via ADO to the Oracle server but the NT service EXE could not (both EXE running on the application server).

Thanks for your help - John

> > I have test console application (written in VC++ 6) that uses ADO to
> connect
> > and open tables on an Oracle8i database. This test application works
fine
> > as does SQL-plus to get to the database.
> >
> > The problem is that I implement the above code in an extension DLL
called
> by
> > a third party app that runs as a W2K service. When the third party
> service
> > application calls the ADO Open method - it fails and generates the
> following
> > sqlnet.log:

> > Fatal NI connect error 12203, connecting to:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle80)(ARGV0=o

racle80ORCL)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')))(CON

NECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\ThirdPartyApp\admserv5.exe)(HOST=MYMACH