Re: Do I need to know SQL to learn Oracle?

From: Jim Lyons <jlyons_at_weblyons.com>
Date: 24 Oct 2001 09:57:33 -0700

msmetal123_at_aol.com (MSMetal123) wrote in message news:<20011023135606.27731.00001164_at_mb-mv.aol.com>...
> Please reply to this message. I am about to take Oracle 1 this upcoming
> quarter at school, but I havn't had SQL yet. Is SQL knowledge necessary?

What do mean by "take Oracle"? If you are going to take a concepts course or a DBA course, you probably don't need to take an entire course in SQL. Any SQL you will need can be learned in the course.

If you're going to take a PL/SQL course it might be a good idea unless the course description says that SQL will be taught first. Doesn't the catalog or whatever you have tell you what the requirements are?

Jim Lyons
UT Austin Received on Wed Oct 24 2001 - 11:57:33 CDT