Re: generating flat files with no blank caracters

From: Raphael Duenas <raf_at_srd.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:41:25 +0200

Mark D Powell a écrit :

> Raphael Duenas <raf_at_srd.fr> wrote in message news:<3BD6641B.5C73A57B_at_srd.fr>...
> > Ed Prochak a écrit :
> >
> > > Please give more details. SQL Loader can ignore blanks easily. so what
> > > really is the problem??
> >
> > An example of a line to load :
> > " 9| 10| 2| 4|"
> >
> > it's the look of my flat file, so when i want to load this, sqloader tell me
> > that the numbers colums are not valid ORA-1722 not a valid number.
> > I want only unload a part or the totality of a table for load it into an other
> > database.

> Question: did you define the file to sqlldr as fixed format or delimited by '|'?
> It would have probably helped if you had posted the sqlldr control statements.

Sure !

LOAD DATA
INFILE noy_menu.unl
INTO TABLE noy_menu REPLACE
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|'
TRAILING NULLCOLS
(
C_PLAT

, C_DESTINATION
, C_REPAS
, C_REGIME
, D_MENU DATE "DD/MM/YYYY"
, T_PLAT
, N_POSITION
, B_EDITION
, C_PLATEAU

)

noy_menu :

       19|            1|         3|        31|24/10/01|V|        99|
       19|            1|         3|        14|24/10/01|V|        99|
       19|            1|         3|        15|24/10/01|V|        99|